Our Advice Centres:
Employment Rights & Advice
The Law Centre offers advice to Employees / Workers only. We do not normally offer advice to those workers who can access advice through their trade union and we do not offer advice to employers.
The Law Centre can offer advice and mediation assistance as well as representation.
- Unfair and Constructive Dismissal claims
- Redundancy, Termination of Employment
- Cases involving working hours, wages, holidays, breaks, sick pay
- Grievances, Disciplinary procedures and Appeals
- Employment Status
- Maternity and Paternity leave and flexible working
- Contractual disputes
- Discrimination claims on the basis of ‘protected characteristics' (including sex, pregnancy, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion/belief)
- Harassment Cases
- Compromise Agreements
There are strict time-limits in which applications to the Employment Tribunal must be made – normally within 3 months. You should seek advice at an early stage if you think you have been unfairly dismissed or need help with problems at work.
If you have been referred to us for employment advice from another agency, we will only be able to help you if you live within our operating areas. If we cannot help you we will do our best to refer you to an organisation within your area